IBus 1.5.15 is now released.
This release has several bug fixes and emoji typing is moved from IBusEngineSimple to IBus Panel.
ibus-1.5.15 is available in Fedora 26.
# dnf update --enablerepo=updates-testing ibus
The same version is also available in Fedora copr for Fedora 25 and 24.
When you type Control-Shift-e key, the emoji typing dialog is launched which I named Emojier.
I continue to enhance the features in git master.
- Control-Shift-e key to launch emoji dialog (1.5.15)
- Right click on panel icon and “Emoji Dialog” menu item to launch emoji dialog (1.5.15)
- Customize the shortcut key to launch emoji dialog with
- Customize the font name and size on emoji dialog with
- Select a language of emoji dictionaries (1.5.15)
- Space, arrow, PageUp/PageDown and Enter keys to select emoji candidates and categories (1.5.15)
- Escape key to cancel emoji candidates, delete emoji annotation, or close emoji dialog (1.5.15)
- Favorite emoji strings can be added in ’emoji-favorites’ key in org.freedesktop.ibus.panel GSettings schema (1.5.15)
ibus emojicommand for GNOME desktop (1.5.15)
- arrow and Shift-arrow keys to move the cursor on emoji annotation (master)
- Inherit theme colors on emoji candidate (master)
- Control-f, Control-b, Control-n, Control-p, Control-h, Control-e, Control-a for cursor operations (master)
- Focus on emoji annotation entry by default (master)
Regarding to the ibus build, you can get
npm install -g emojione or Fedora provides
You can get emoji annotation files from https://github.com/fujiwarat/cldr-emoji-annotation or Fedora provides
If you run
./configure --disable-emoji-dict, you need to run
make -C ui/gtk3 maintainer-clean-generic and
make -C tools maintainer-clean-generic to regenerate *.c files from *.vala.